Home » Other » Client Tools » SQL Developer SQL Window Not Working (SQL Developer 1.5.1)
SQL Developer SQL Window Not Working [message #340091] Mon, 11 August 2008 07:34 Go to next message
jdc44
Cheers,
My first post to this forum. I hope someone can help me.
I've been using Sql Developer 1.5.1. for sometime now. Just recently, the text window for entering sql statements has stopped allowing simple text edits.

I can type in sql, but I can't back up my cursor, or delete text using the "Backspace" key. I can't hit Enter to move to a new line. I have now idea what I've done to cause this.

Does anyone know 1) what might be wrong? or 2) how to completly un-install sql-develepor from my system so I can try a new re-install?

I've tried to just remove the files created by the download zip, but my setting are still present when I re-download and unzip and run the client. weird!!

Thanks for any tips or help.

JC
Re: SQL Developer SQL Window Not Working [message #340175 is a reply to message #340091] Mon, 11 August 2008 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jdc44
RESOLVED:
I could find no help on why the text edits in the sql-command window would not work, but I did find how to "sorta" uninstall sql-developer and get a new zip.

Go to Documents and Settings\[your user id]\Application Data\SQL Developer. Delete all the files there.

Go to the folder where you downloaded and unzipped the sql-developer zip file. Delete the developer folder there. Unzip the zip file again (download new if you need to). Run the exe and create your connection settings again.

Works for me now.

Cheers!
Re: SQL Developer SQL Window Not Working [message #342489 is a reply to message #340091] Fri, 22 August 2008 09:06 Go to previous message
shahidnadeem
Try Tools|Preferences|Accelerators|Load Preset (button on RHS bottom).
Previous Topic: Isidian Technologies - Does the company still exist?
Next Topic: oracle 9i installation problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:05:02 CDT 2024