Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » REP-1223: Invalid page size (Reports 6.0, Unix/NT)
REP-1223: Invalid page size [message #355097] Wed, 22 October 2008 11:41 Go to next message
malkimama
Hi:

I'm encountering an issue while trying to modify an existing report with REP-1223: Invalid page size.

All I'm doing is putting an image in the main section & margin.

When I remove the image from the main section & margin, it works..

Its so weird that the logfile doesnt show any other error except
REP-1223: Invalid page size.

Your help is sincerely appreciated

Thanks/
Re: REP-1223: Invalid page size [message #355123 is a reply to message #355097] Wed, 22 October 2008 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is what Oracle says:
Quote:
REP-1223: Invalid page size.

Cause:   You specified a physical page width or height that is negative or out of range. You most likely received this error after setting the page size to an invalid value using the PAGESIZE executable argument.

Action:   Enter a valid value using the PAGESIZE executable argument, or change the physical page size setting in the Report Property Inspector.

How large is the image? Is it, by any chance, larger than page size? If so, would it help if you resize it (i.e. make it smaller)?
Re: REP-1223: Invalid page size [message #356915 is a reply to message #355097] Mon, 03 November 2008 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
white_phoenix
I always encountered this kind of problem when I was new to oracle reports, just move your field here and there(Maybe some of your field are out of the report layout). This will rectify this error

Purely try and error Smile Good luck!
Re: REP-1223: Invalid page size [message #525809 is a reply to message #355097] Wed, 05 October 2011 09:24 Go to previous message
matrusenarakfzbcae

Hi,

Good day. The main problem is with EDIT MARGIN button available next to MAIN SECTION buttons on report design screen. Once EDIT MARGIN button is clicked and report is saved / compiled, then this problem is getting generated.

Remedy is never click EDIT MARGIN button and save report source file. When I did this way I was able to change report layout and execute with out receiving REP-1223 INVALID PAGE SIZE error.

Always keep a good running version backup of report to safeguard from such mishappenings.

Best Regards

V. Upendra Rao
Previous Topic: Oracle Discoverer - Workbooks
Next Topic: Changes in Report field at run time using trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:59:09 CDT 2024