Home » Other » Client Tools » How to make Client (10g,Developer 6I,Window XP)
How to make Client [message #378844] Fri, 02 January 2009 01:42 Go to next message
shahzaib_4vip@hotmail.com
Hellow
Members

I make one software and now i want to create this software to a client PC whats the procedure

what is required to install on client PC

Thanks

Shahzaib Ismail
Re: How to make Client [message #378845 is a reply to message #378844] Fri, 02 January 2009 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Sorry, but to me it is not entirely clear what you mean.
You say you created some piece of software and you want it installed on a client machine?
Depends on the tool you used: if you wrote a web application, you use a browser on the client. If you created a client-server Forms application (using Forms6 or lower), you might want to "install" the client app on the client machine..

Please explain a bit more on what it is exactly you created.
Re: How to make Client [message #378883 is a reply to message #378845] Fri, 02 January 2009 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Frank
If you created a client-server Forms application (using Forms6 or lower), you might want to "install" the client app on the client machine.

As it's being said that @shahzaib_4vip uses Developer 6i, I guess that Frank's answer is most probably right.
Re: How to make Client [message #378900 is a reply to message #378883] Fri, 02 January 2009 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Maybe, maybe not.
Forms6 is capable of running through JInitiator.
Re: How to make Client [message #378908 is a reply to message #378844] Fri, 02 January 2009 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahzaib_4vip@hotmail.com
Well i am using Developer 6i server-client

my question is that for client PC its required to install SQL 10g database or something else

Well i only make a simple module and i don't have any experience to make a client Pc

i just want to know what is the procedure

And what is Software Distribution Package how can i be able to create software Distribution Package

Any way Thanks to Frank and Little foot for reply

Thanks

Shahzaib Ismail
Re: How to make Client [message #378918 is a reply to message #378908] Fri, 02 January 2009 11:23 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It appears that client software should be enough; no database should be installed - I believe that the database is somewhere on a server. Is it? If not (i.e. this PC is supposed to contain both database and application), then - obviously - you'll have to install the database as well.

Therefore: install the 6i client software as it will contain "run form" and "run report" executables; because - as far as I understood, you'd like to put FMX and REP files to that PC. "Almost" the same result would be if you'd install complete Developer Suite, but that would mean that your end user will be able to develop his/her own Forms / Reports application(s). There's nothing wrong in that, but - I'm not sure that this is your intention.

Finally, you'd create a desktop icon(s) - user would then double click that icon in order to start the application.
Previous Topic: Output containing more than 80 chars per line
Next Topic: How to remove blank line shown in output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:29:15 CDT 2024