Home » Other » Client Tools » Oracle 10g, Forms6i and SQL Developer connection problem (Oracle 10g, Forms6i and SQL Dev 1.2.1)
Oracle 10g, Forms6i and SQL Developer connection problem [message #382971] Mon, 26 January 2009 16:17 Go to next message
sindikalac
Hi,

I have installed Oracle 10g DB, after that I have installed Oracle Forms 6i.

When I try to connect to a database via Sql*Plus, it works fine. But When I try to connect via SQL Developer, an error occurs:

Status: Failure -ORA-00604:error occured at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-12705: Cannot access NLS data files or invalid environment specified.

I don't understand much about ORACLE_HOME, but I have found some comments about ORACLE_HOME, and I checked it in cmd: set %ORACLE_HOME%, it says:

Environment variable %oracle_home% not defined

But when I open PATH variable, I have this values among the others:

C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1;
C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\bin;
C:\oracle\OraFR6i\jdk\bin;
C:\oracle\OraFR6i\bin;

I have two products installed DB and Forms. Their home directories are:
C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1 and
C:\oracle\OraFR6i
respectively.

In the registry there is ORACLE_HOME set to C:\Oracle\OraFR6i, under ORACLE fodler. But there is also a subfolder called Key_ORADB10g_home1 with ORACLE_HOME containing C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1

I really don't know how to set up all this, if you have any tutorial or advice how to do this or how to learn things related to administration and configuration (homes, etc) I would be so thankfull. (I just started to make simple application in oracle forms, but those problems just came up).
Re: Oracle 10g, Forms6i and SQL Developer connection problem [message #382972 is a reply to message #382971] Mon, 26 January 2009 16:22 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you read this TNS_ADMIN topic? Try to set this environment variable and start over; if it still doesn't work ... well, tell us.

Besides, I wouldn't want to mess up my registry without knowing exactly what I am doing (and it doesn't seem that you do; so far, that is).
Previous Topic: Oracle Clinet and jre files (merged)
Next Topic: Client Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:28:49 CDT 2024