Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Recreating Fuzzy index for each insert (10g )
Recreating Fuzzy index for each insert [message #390325] Thu, 05 March 2009 23:57 Go to next message
formsdev
Hi All,

If I insert a row in the table, my fuzzy query doesnt return the newly added row, though it should show up as a match.

Do we recreate the index for each insert? Does the value of the fuzzy query depend on the index ?

If yes, Can we avoid recreating the index ? My table is huge and has way too many rows in it. Are there any other workarounds ?

Thanks
Re: Recreating Fuzzy index for each insert [message #390375 is a reply to message #390325] Fri, 06 March 2009 03:04 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
You need to synchronize your index. In 10g, you can specify that the index is synchronized upon commit:

CREATE INDEX your_index
ON your_table (your_column)
INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CONTEXT
PARAMETERS ('SYNC (ON COMMIT)');

This does not recreate the index, but just adds the newest committed inserts and updates to the domain index tables, so that they can be searched. You should also optimize periodically to eliminate fragmentation, so that your searches are fast.
Previous Topic: Index Creation
Next Topic: [Oracle 9i] : Synchronize Oracle Text index on CLOB field
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:03:09 CDT 2024