Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » want to change the direction of report ouput
want to change the direction of report ouput [message #440365] Fri, 22 January 2010 22:08 Go to next message
dhinendra
hi all

when i am running a report it is giving output in a vertical line but i want it to give in a horizontal line, means i want to rotate the output of my report to a 90 degree angle.please help.

Thanks
Dhinendra
Re: want to change the direction of report ouput [message #440369 is a reply to message #440365] Fri, 22 January 2010 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Are you talking about "landscape" paper orientation (vs. "portrait" you use now)? Or would you like to rotate fields on the report for 90 degrees?

I *guess* it is the first option - a landscape one. If so, go to Object Navigator and check header, main and trailer sections' width and hegiht properties. The simplest way is to substitute those values. For example (measures are inches):
       Portrait  Landscape
       --------  ---------
width         8         11 
height       11          8

If it is the second - field rotation - option, that is possible as well; just note that not ALL kinds of items can be rotated.
In order to do that, select an item and find "Rotate" somewhere in the menu (I don't have Reports Builder here to check the exact location myself, sorry).
Re: want to change the direction of report ouput [message #440375 is a reply to message #440365] Sat, 23 January 2010 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dhinendra
hi littlefoot
Thanks for reply i have done the things according to you but it's not working i don't know what wrong with it because i have made the changes in the height and width and also there is a option for rotate in the tool pallete but it's not working.anyway thanks.

Dhinendra
Re: want to change the direction of report ouput [message #440396 is a reply to message #440375] Sat, 23 January 2010 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Does your message mean that you are going to give up?

Did you do it as illustrated here? Also, there *must* be a property called "Orientation" which should also be set to "Landscape" (can't tell exactly where to find it- perhaps report's properties palette, system parameters ... somewhere - take a look) (I don't have Reports installed so I can't check by myself, sorry).
Re: want to change the direction of report ouput [message #440422 is a reply to message #440365] Sun, 24 January 2010 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dhinendra
hi littlefoot
i am not going to give up.i have done all the things according to you.i have made the changes like--
vertical elasticity-expand
horizontal elasticity-variable
orientation-landscape
header,main,trailer section- according to you
then i select the text item to be rotated and then click the rotate option given on toolbar then i rotate that text item and i succeed but when i try to rotate the field items then it gives a error-
REP-3103: ONLY TEXT AND GRAPHICAL BOILERPLATES CAN BE ROTATED.

so i am still searching for a solution and when i found i will post that here and if you got anything related to that then please let me know.

Thanks
Dhinendra
Re: want to change the direction of report ouput [message #440429 is a reply to message #440422] Sun, 24 January 2010 11:04 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I think you didn't understand what I was saying ... one thing is to create "landscape" from "portrait", and another one is to "rotate a field".

I wasn't sure of what your problem is, so I guessed that it might be one of the above, not both.

But, seeing that you are creating a landscape layout and rotating fields ... I wonder what is the question, again. Could you draw it, somehow? Perhaps even manually draw it on a paper, scan it and attach to your next message?
Previous Topic: Report Calling from Forms10g
Next Topic: how to make charts in report builder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 18:54:13 CDT 2024