Home » Other » Client Tools » Exporter Tool #429 Error Over and Over...limited documentation
Exporter Tool #429 Error Over and Over...limited documentation [message #468352] Thu, 29 July 2010 19:05 Go to next message
cladsco
I converted the access db's to access 2003, the version I am running. Still, after fighting with this for a couple of days I can't get this to work and can't find information on what's wrong. I keep getting:

Error #49 - XMLExporter - ActiveX Component Can Not Create Object....Database Schema did not complete successfully.
This is really getting old. If this doesn't work is there a way to copy the tables into SQLDeveloper without the exporter tool? Like I said, I'm really at my end with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Exporter Tool #429 Error Over and Over...limited documentation [message #468353 is a reply to message #468352] Thu, 29 July 2010 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
> I can't get this to work and can't find information on what's wrong.
THIS? What is "this"?

>This is really getting old.
THIS. What is "this"?

>If this doesn't work is there a way to copy the tables into SQLDeveloper without the exporter tool?
THIS? What is "this"?

>Like I said, I'm really at my end with this.
THIS? What is "this"?

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
In the future, please be more vague to make answering more challenging.

EXACTLY how would an independent observer conclude "this" has been resolve?

What are you actually trying to do??????

It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

[Updated on: Thu, 29 July 2010 19:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exporter Tool #429 Error Over and Over...limited documentation [message #468354 is a reply to message #468352] Thu, 29 July 2010 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cladsco
my bad, by "this" i mean this process. i am following the documentation from oracle on how to migrate from an access database to oracle. i'm doing this through sql developer.

all goes well until i get to the point of actually using the exporter tool. i select tools>migration>access 2003. access opens and then i select to export database for sql developer. at this point i get the above error. doesn't matter which access db on my machine i try to export, they all get the same error.

XMLExporter Error 429

Again, my bad on being vague I am very frustrated.

If I can't get the exporter tool to work, can I just export the data from the tables in flat text files and import them into SQLDeveloper?

Thanks for your help.
Re: Exporter Tool #429 Error Over and Over...limited documentation [message #468355 is a reply to message #468354] Thu, 29 July 2010 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Please realize that ACCESS can connect directly via ODBC to Oracle RDBMS.
After the connection has successfully opened, then SQL can be issued against Oracle DB.
Re: Exporter Tool #429 Error Over and Over...limited documentation [message #468356 is a reply to message #468355] Thu, 29 July 2010 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cladsco
i hate to ask this, but this can be done through developer? the only documentation i can find focuses on using the migration tool. i'm new to this stuff, but it doesn't seem to be a hard task.
Re: Exporter Tool #429 Error Over and Over...limited documentation [message #468357 is a reply to message #468356] Thu, 29 July 2010 19:34 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>i hate to ask this, but this can be done through developer?
NO The ACCESS to Oracle connectivity is done by ACCESS.
SQLDeveloper is NOT data repository.
In other words SQLDeveloper never, ever contain any actual DATA.
Saying that you want to import Access data into SQLDeveloper makes no sense.
Since I don't use SQLDeveloper, I can't say much more directly about it.
SQLDeveloper is a fancy GUI wrapped around SQL*Plus or similar client.
Previous Topic: Connection problem when login
Next Topic: Unable to connect to Oracle from Toad
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:38:18 CDT 2024