Home » Other » Client Tools » PK,PK-FK joins not changing
PK,PK-FK joins not changing [message #478432] Fri, 08 October 2010 14:17 Go to next message
newbie3
Hello Friends,

I am working on a Oracle Business Intelligence project. I will have to import all the tables from my DB to my OBI tool. All the joins that is there in the DB will reflect in this tool(including PK keys, PK-FK joins.

From my main DB all the desired tables have been imported to a DB exclusive for Business intelligence. I have read access to this DB and I have read/write in my particular subject area where I can create, delete tables, PK's.

For few tables I had to change the PK keys and create new PK-FK joins. So I dropped the exist PK and created new PK's and also created new PK-FK joins. Everything worked fine and it said the alter table has succeded. But when I import these tables to my OBI tool the changes I made is not being reflected. The PK is the old PK and new PK-FK joins are not showing up. Can you please let me know a solution for this.

Also when I change the table name just the table name(Gave a different one from that in my BI database) and created the tables and imported the tables to the tool, I can see that everything is working fine . Should I keep working on the tables with a different name? Will it be a problem when I will move these tables to my BI database. Because my lead wants me to make all the changes in my subject area and theimport it to BI database and then import it to the OBI tool.

Please let me know what can be the issue. Thank U .
Re: PK,PK-FK joins not changing [message #478434 is a reply to message #478432] Fri, 08 October 2010 14:35 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
This is not a SQL problem but one of your OBI tool.
So ask your OBI tool vendor.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: How to enable the Profiler in Toad?
Next Topic: problem of utl file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:21:28 CDT 2024