Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Reports Output Shifting Around
Oracle Reports Output Shifting Around [message #499424] Mon, 14 March 2011 19:50 Go to next message
spatangay
Hi,

The output for my Oracle Report (ver. 6i) is moving around all over the place. The output data appears all garbled as the fields are all getting mixed up with each other.

In the Layout Editor howerver, all fields appear perfectly positioned.

How do I ensure that the positioning of all fields as they appear in the Layout Editor is maintained at runtime?

Thanks,
Smita
Re: Oracle Reports Output Shifting Around [message #499485 is a reply to message #499424] Tue, 15 March 2011 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It seems that fields' vertical and/or horizontal elasticity properties are set to a value different from "Fixed". The fact that you drew fields nicely doesn't have to mean that they will look the same when report is executed.
Re: Oracle Reports Output Shifting Around [message #499677 is a reply to message #499485] Tue, 15 March 2011 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spatangay
The horizontal/vertical elasticity of the fields is "fixed". The field width or height is not shriking or expanding, it is the field itself that's moving around to different areas on the report, intruding into other data areas on the report. Is there a way to make the field's position on the report fixed?
Re: Oracle Reports Output Shifting Around [message #499704 is a reply to message #499677] Tue, 15 March 2011 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Yes, anchor.

Though, I can't imagine how is a field capable of moving around by itself. AI?

[EDIT] Typo

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2011 01:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Reports Output Shifting Around [message #499714 is a reply to message #499704] Tue, 15 March 2011 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spatangay
Indeed... it's like AI Smile... perhaps if there was a way to demo it to you via a web session or something?
But I'm not going to focus on this issue for now as another one has popped up. I have a repeating frame which should be listing several lines of data, but it only lists the first two lines of data and stops and it just started doing this a little bit ago! No alteration was done to the repeating frame's properties. What's up with that?
Re: Oracle Reports Output Shifting Around [message #499747 is a reply to message #499714] Wed, 16 March 2011 01:45 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If nothing changed - no idea (except AI).

Otherwise, I'd check vertical elasticity (might be set to "Fixed") and Maximum records per page (might be set to "2").
Previous Topic: Table or View Which is Speed
Next Topic: ms excel and pdf
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:39:26 CDT 2024