Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to obtain dynamic grouping of column XML Publisher Reports
How to obtain dynamic grouping of column XML Publisher Reports [message #499980] Thu, 17 March 2011 01:27
pankajghalke
Hi,
Can anyone please tell me how to dynamically perform grouping of the columns in the Oracle XML Publisher Report layout(RTF).
The actual requirement is:
There are 7 non-mandatory parameters in my report say p1,p2,p3,p4,p5,p6,p7 with value sets attached Yes_No
I need to display the layout of the report such that when parameter p1 is selected to Yes,the data of the report should be grouped by column1.When parameter p2 is selected to Yes,the data of the report should be grouped by column2 and similarly for the other parameters.(p3-> group by column3,p4->group by colmun4,p5->group by column5,p6->group by column6 and p7->group by column7)If all the parameters are set to No or are not selected then the data should be first grouped by column1,then by column2,then by column3 & so on upto column7.since these parameters are non-mandatory the user can give any combination of the parameters selected to Yes & then I need to group data based on only those parameters selected.
I tried using an IF condition which checks if the parameter value is Yes before for-each-group of each column..but it does not work.
Please let me know the workaround for this.
Thank You.
Previous Topic: ms excel and pdf
Next Topic: anchoring object.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:27:54 CDT 2024