Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » REP-1219 (Oracle Reports Developer 10.1.2.0.2, Unix, 10 G database)
REP-1219 [message #516752] Wed, 20 July 2011 09:56 Go to next message
TX_developer
Hi,

I have searched this forum as well as the web and still don't have a solution to my problem.

I modified an existing character mode report by adding a text field inside a repeating frame and attached some code to it. When I tried to run it I got the REP-1219 error about one of the existing fields in the layout. I did some searches and based on info I found changed the size of the field and it ran fine. Then it happened to another field and I fixed it. The report ran a few times and now it happened to a third field.

I have tried changing the size of the field, changing the size of the font of the field, and converting the report to a character file - all things I found recommended here or otherwise. I still get the same error.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
~k
Re: REP-1219 [message #516753 is a reply to message #516752] Wed, 20 July 2011 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TX_developer
I forgot, one more thing that is recommended is to "Try to re-default the layout with 'Use Character Units in the Layout Editor' report property checked."

I am not sure how I do this??
Re: REP-1219 [message #516756 is a reply to message #516753] Wed, 20 July 2011 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TX_developer
More info - sorry. I fixed it by deleting the field, then recreating it. Now the error is gone for that field but I am getting it for another field. I cannot recreate the entire report.

Help is appreciated. This is taking way too long already.

Thanks!

~k
Re: REP-1219 [message #516773 is a reply to message #516756] Wed, 20 July 2011 14:43 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you try to recompile the report (Ctrl + Shift + K)?

REP-1219 (object has no size, its height and/or width are zero); I guess you saw this explanation (didn't check the Metalink, but looks like copy/paste from that site).

This is really an annoying issue; I usually delete the culprit and recreate it. As you already did that with several fields, I guess you are just too tired to do the same with the remaining fields / objects. I don't know what else you could do.

P.S. Did you try to set all fields' vertical & horizontal elasticities to "Fixed"? Maybe (some of) them shrank during runtime? I don't think that this is the smartest solution, but ... can't think of anything else.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 July 2011 14:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: how can show formula in report
Next Topic: Location of .bmp of image in report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:10:33 CDT 2024