Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Fit content of text (Reports 6i)
Fit content of text [message #518438] Wed, 03 August 2011 23:07 Go to next message
sethumurugan
Hi,

Am developing a report. In which I have to display name of the employee. I have limited place which is good enough un till 30 character names. But occasionally there could be a name where number of characters will be more than 30. I can use grow option, but the report may not look nice. and more over there could be a problem in the height of the report. actually we are planing to go for pre-preinted of the same report later. so I do not want grow option.

Actually I remember changing some option, so that the text will shrink/compress to fit fixed width.

I do not know whether I did it in Oracle reports or Crystal reports.

Can some one help me?

Sethu
Re: Fit content of text [message #518446 is a reply to message #518438] Thu, 04 August 2011 00:00 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Oracle reports - I don't think so, I can't remember that it is capable of modifying font size so that it would fit the field. So, you can either let the field to be vertically and/or horizontally variable, or let it truncate text that goes beyond fixed field size.

Crystal reports - no idea, I never used it.
Previous Topic: Generate PDF with Password
Next Topic: convert number from Arabic to English in oracle Report Builder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:23:02 CDT 2024