Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle apps Data does not show in Discoverer (Oracle 12, SQL developer 3.3, winXP)
Oracle apps Data does not show in Discoverer [message #547917] Mon, 19 March 2012 00:20 Go to next message
wency

When running my query in sql developer, I have to execute the command apps.fnd_global.apps_initialize(user_id, resp_id, resp_appl_id) in order to show the result of my query. Without this, the query returns nothing. The problem is I am using this query as a custom query for my Discoverer report and my report does not show any record. Anyone knows how to handle this?
Re: Oracle apps Data does not show in Discoverer [message #547947 is a reply to message #547917] Mon, 19 March 2012 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't use Discoverer nor Oracle Apps. (and you are completely right when saying, "what the heck do you reply, then?!?").

However: does Discoverer have anything similar to "Before Report" trigger in Reports, or "WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE or PRE-FORM" trigger in Forms? These are executed, as their name says, "before" report or form executes. It is possible to issue, for example, ALTER SESSION statement from these program units which would then kind of initialize environment according to your needs. Forms can do that with FORMS_DDL, while Reports utilize SRW built-in package (that would be SRW.DO_SQL).

I thought that, maybe, Discoverer has something like the above, which would make it possible to run the procedure you mentioned (apps.fnd_global.apps_initialize).

[Updated on: Mon, 19 March 2012 03:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle apps Data does not show in Discoverer [message #547982 is a reply to message #547947] Mon, 19 March 2012 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wency

Hi Littlefoot,

Discoverer does not have those things you have mentioned.
Re: Oracle apps Data does not show in Discoverer [message #547987 is a reply to message #547982] Mon, 19 March 2012 07:32 Go to previous message
John Watson
You shouldn't have to face this issue at all if you have integrated Discoverer with EBS correctly, it is all taken care of by the login. Did you follow the appropriate MOS note? It is 1074326.1 for Discoverer 11.
Previous Topic: getting parameters from formula
Next Topic: ORA - 933
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:16:41 CDT 2024