Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Discoverer - 'Running Total' calculation
Discoverer - 'Running Total' calculation [message #558551] Sat, 23 June 2012 14:03 Go to next message
rcwilkinson
Hello

Using Oracle Discoverer, we have written a report that pulls back all Inventory Transactions (by item number). This report lists both transactions IN (e.g. receipts into the store) and OUT (e.g. issues out from the store).

Our customer would like an additional column, to represent 'Running Total', to be added to the report. This column needs to capture the running 'On Hand Quantity' for the associated Item, as each transaction (both transactions IN and OUT of store) is displayed.

For example, if the initial/first transaction for an item was a Receipt of 500, then this column (on the first line) should display 500. If the second transaction for the item was an issue of 15, then this column (on the second line) should display 485. If the third transaction was for an issue of 50, then this column (on the third line) should display 435. If the fourth transaction was for a receipt of 20, then this column (on the fourth line) should display 455 etc etc

I'm not sure how I'd write a calculation to cater for this (within discoverer) - do you know if this is achievable? Any help would be much appreciated. This would be easy enough to do in Excel, but I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to discoverer(!)

Many thanks

Ross

[Updated on: Sat, 23 June 2012 14:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Discoverer - 'Running Total' calculation [message #558621 is a reply to message #558551] Mon, 25 June 2012 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rcwilkinson
Hello

Please forgive me for my impatience here - I was just wondering if anyone has had opportunity to look at the above? I'm happy to add further explanation if requied / add clarity.

Thanks in anticipation

Ross
Re: Discoverer - 'Running Total' calculation [message #558629 is a reply to message #558621] Mon, 25 June 2012 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Hello, Ross!

The fact is: none of the regulars here is capable of answering Discoverer questions. We have had one, but she got tired of answering the same questions all over again and doesn't visit the forum any more. I have seen your question when you posted it; I believe some other people saw it too (more than 150 views at the moment). Unfortunately, we just don't know how to help you. Sorry for such a bad news.

I'm not scaring you away, but you might wait forever before receiving the answer. Perhaps you should ask for help elsewhere (for example, OTN forums). Best of luck!
Re: Discoverer - 'Running Total' calculation [message #558644 is a reply to message #558629] Mon, 25 June 2012 05:40 Go to previous message
rcwilkinson
Hello Littlefoot

Thanks very much for your honest reply Smile Really appreciate it

Cheers!

Ross
Previous Topic: ordering columns and rows in a matrix report
Next Topic: adding sequence to report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:09:00 CDT 2024