Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » error importing business area/folder using eulapi (discoverer 10.1.2.55.26)
error importing business area/folder using eulapi [message #570177] Tue, 06 November 2012 05:44
candi
Hi there,

I have a problem importing a new business area into my TEST EUL environment from my DEV EUL. (they are on different databases, i.e. one EUL for each database but all databases are identical apart from database name).
i.e. 1st I export the business area from DEV using the following command:

eulapi -connect username/password@${DATABASE} -export ${EXP_FILE} -business_area "${BUS_AREA}" -identifier -log ${LOG_FILE} -audit_info

and it works perfectly, and I can import the resulting Business area file into a new EUL if the Business area already exists, however, if the business area does not exist on the TEST eul then I get the following error using the command:

eulapi -connect username/password@${DATABASE} -import ${EXP_FILE} -identifier -preserve_workbook_owner -import_rename_mode refresh -log ${LOG_FILE} 

Could not locate the Folder with identifier 'XXXXX' in the target End User Layer
Import completed, but with warnings. Please check the result.

This command works to replace the business area if it already exists, but fails if the business area does not already exist, which is actually what I want to do, i.e. create business area in DEV and export it and then import to TEST as part of the test cycle.

The above command actually creates the business area but not the underlying folder. All permissions, database links etc on both DEV and TEST environments are identical.

Your help is appreciated!

Previous Topic: Track the ip address of client who is accessing the report
Next Topic: regarding use of xmlelement in report 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:20:48 CDT 2024