Home » Other » Client Tools » checking users execute previlege on ALIAS LIBRARY (oracle 11g,linux)
checking users execute previlege on ALIAS LIBRARY [message #570939] Mon, 19 November 2012 03:09 Go to next message
jcpratap
Hi All,
I want to check if a user has execute previlege on ALIAS LIBRARY,is there any table in which i can check this
Re: checking users execute previlege on ALIAS LIBRARY [message #570945 is a reply to message #570939] Mon, 19 November 2012 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
DICTIONARY is a cool thing; bookmark it and use it when necessary.

For example:
SQL> select * from dictionary
  2  where upper(comments) like '%PRIV%' or upper(comments) like '%GRANT%'
  3  order by table_name desc;

TABLE_NAME                     COMMENTS
------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------
USER_TAB_PRIVS_RECD            Grants on objects for which the user is the grante
                               e

USER_TAB_PRIVS_MADE            All grants on objects owned by the user
USER_TAB_PRIVS                 Grants on objects for which the user is the owner,
                                grantor or grantee

<snip>

Review the result and locate the one(s) that seem to do what you're after. In your case, that might be USER_TAB_PRIVS, i.e.
select * from user_tab_privs where table_name = 'ALIAS_LIBRARY';
If not, try something else (I don't know what "ALIAS LIBRARY" is).

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2012 03:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: checking users execute previlege on ALIAS LIBRARY [message #570946 is a reply to message #570945] Mon, 19 November 2012 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jcpratap
actually i have a function as below
Quote:
FUNCTION SystemCall(command IN VARCHAR2)
RETURN pls_integer
AS EXTERNAL
LIBRARY STDLIB
NAME "system"
PARAMETERS (command STRING,
RETURN int);

for the code to work for a particaular oracle user it should return 0,but its returning 256.
i am unable to find where its not getting the required previleges.
from table table_previleges and other tables i am unable to find anything.
is it something to do with listner.ora file or something else.
pls help
Re: checking users execute previlege on ALIAS LIBRARY [message #570947 is a reply to message #570946] Mon, 19 November 2012 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do you have that function's source code? Can you debug it?
Re: checking users execute previlege on ALIAS LIBRARY [message #570948 is a reply to message #570947] Mon, 19 November 2012 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jcpratap
function Quote:
NAME "system"
is inside a DLL /lib64/libc.so.6 ,its a binary file,i am unable to find its source code.
i think it may be due to some permissions issue. can you suggest what permissions and environment a user should have to make a external call?
Re: checking users execute previlege on ALIAS LIBRARY [message #570949 is a reply to message #570948] Mon, 19 November 2012 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Sorry, that's beyond my knowledge. Hopefully, someone else will be able to assist.
Re: checking users execute previlege on ALIAS LIBRARY [message #570951 is a reply to message #570949] Mon, 19 November 2012 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jcpratap
thanks for your help.
anybody who can help with this?
Re: checking users execute previlege on ALIAS LIBRARY [message #570956 is a reply to message #570951] Mon, 19 November 2012 05:17 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
On Linux, exit code falls on the range 0-255, a value of 256 just means either it was 0 and there was an extra byte which contains 1, either the program you called in system returns an invalid exit code. (Note that some Linux flavours and versions return 255 when you give an invalid value, some not.)
Generally speaking, in my opinion, when using such interfaces between subsystems (OS/Oracle), you should use mod(exit_code,256) to test the return code.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Error when trying to connect Sybase through Sql developer:
Next Topic: Not able to login PL/SQL Developer ( Error ORA-12154:)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:48:44 CDT 2024