Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Master_Detail Problem (Forms)
Master_Detail Problem [message #577229] Wed, 13 February 2013 10:36 Go to next message
baighanif
Hello dears,
I have created a master detail form. In Master block, i have enter voucher date and created its relation with detail block.

Now, after saving any voucher. if the user wants to change voucher date, the date is changed in the table associated with master block but does not changed in detail block.
Please any body help me.

I will be thank full for this act of kindness.

Hanif Baig
Re: Master_Detail Problem [message #577257 is a reply to message #577229] Wed, 13 February 2013 15:17 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Why do you think it should change?

How are these two tables (master - detail) related? What column(s) make a foreign key? Does it contain a date column? If so, then changing date value in master should change date in detail. However, that sounds rather unlikely - I, somehow, don't think that you chose a date column to be a foreign key. That job is usually done by some "ID" columns, not dates.

If that's so, I suspect that your model might be wrong. Why would you want to keep the same information (date value) in both master AND detail tables? Master is enough; detail can always see it by the means of joining it with the master table using its foreign key constraint column(s).
Previous Topic: when apex report save to csv format it change the data
Next Topic: developing new application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:33:39 CDT 2024