Home » Other » General » Task of the day
Task of the day [message #589979] Fri, 12 July 2013 21:07 Go to next message
manubatham20

Hi,

After 2.5 years in my carrier, I am feeling that I am not learning anything new, anything challenging. Because of repetitive nature of work, just writing few sql queries and packages.

Can senior members over here start something like 'Task of the day' (Having medium to complex queries, scenarios where we have to use few certain features that we don't usually use, their real life work problem scenarios, performance tuning problems, or anything), so that we beginners can learn from your experience.

It will be really helpful for all of us.

Thanks,
Manu
Re: Task of the day [message #589980 is a reply to message #589979] Fri, 12 July 2013 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
why don't you start answering posted questions?
Re: Task of the day [message #589981 is a reply to message #589980] Fri, 12 July 2013 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manubatham20

I don't want to write and follow like below:

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

These questions are hard to understand, as it is but obvious from your first posts after each question. Still you are expecting. But whenever I get time, I use to look on those question and answers, and if I have any better suggestion, I use to answer.

But I am asking you guys, especially (Michel Cadot, Barbara Boehmer, BlackSwan, John, Solomon, Littlefoot... etc) because you are full of experience. And your tasks will be challenging.

Thanks,
Manu
Re: Task of the day [message #589989 is a reply to message #589981] Sat, 13 July 2013 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
I learned by reading posted questions, setting up test cases, testing code, and finding solutions. I started on the OTN forums, then here on the OraFAQ forums. You can pick and choose which questions you wish to examine and which you wish to respond to. Many of these are real life problems. Sometimes you struggle with something, but can't figure out, then you read somebody else's solution. You learn a lot more if you have struggled with it yourself, than just reading the solution. Then, the next time something similar is posted, you know how to do it or at least where to look to refresh your memory.

Re: Task of the day [message #589996 is a reply to message #589979] Sat, 13 July 2013 02:35 Go to previous message
John Watson
Quote:
Hi,

After 2.5 years in my carrier, I am feeling that I am not learning anything new, anything challenging. Because of repetitive nature of work, just writing few sql queries and packages.

Can senior members over here start something like 'Task of the day' (Having medium to complex queries, scenarios where we have to use few certain features that we don't usually use, their real life work problem scenarios, performance tuning problems, or anything), so that we beginners can learn from your experience.

It will be really helpful for all of us.

Thanks,
Manu
There's a nice "task" posted today, http://www.orafaq.com/forum/mv/msg/188599/589886/0/#msg_589886 Arif's problem is that he does not understand that CSV means Comma Separated Value. So his delimiters are all wrong, which is what BB (showing extreme patience) is trying to guide him through. What he really needs to do is read the data into an external table. External tables can be awkward to set up, but are often really useful. Why not have a go?
Previous Topic: Oracle 10g Installed with the TNS port no 1522
Next Topic: Pls help me to out in this regard
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:43:59 CDT 2024