Home » Other » Client Tools » How to Create user name and password after installation of oracle forms 6i
How to Create user name and password after installation of oracle forms 6i [message #625091] Wed, 01 October 2014 05:34 Go to next message
nandhiniprema
Hi,

I have installed oracle forms with SQL*Plus and i have created a service name 'SYSDBA' using Oracle Net80 east Config..,
Now need to create user name and password.How to Create it?
I have log in using 'SCOTT/TIGER @SYSDBA'

I am getting error like 'No such protocol'
Re: How to Create user name and password after installation of oracle forms 6i [message #625093 is a reply to message #625091] Wed, 01 October 2014 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Don't only tell us, show us: copy and paste your DOS and SQL*Plus session.
Copy it as text NOT image and don't don't forget to format it as explained in How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read.

Re: How to Create user name and password after installation of oracle forms 6i [message #625109 is a reply to message #625091] Wed, 01 October 2014 07:19 Go to previous message
EdStevens
In addition to Michael's comment, "created a service name 'SYSDBA' " is not the smartest thing to do. The term "SYSDBA" has special meaning in Oracle, and it's not a good idea to use that term as the name of anything, as it only causes confusion. And likely most of that confusion is in your own mind.

The usual standard is the "service name" is the same as the database name.
Previous Topic: Timestamp Problem
Next Topic: Garbled foreign text in Oracle SQL Developer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:36:12 CDT 2024