Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Stacked Canvas distorting when clicked (Forms 6i)
Stacked Canvas distorting when clicked [message #649508] Tue, 29 March 2016 05:55 Go to next message
adfnewbie
Hi Friends,

I have created a stacked canvas on a content canvas because I needed some 20 fields to be displayed and I needed horizontal and vertical scrollbars. I placed 6-7 fields on content canvas and rest on stacked canvas. It looks decent on the form but when the data is displayed and if cursor is placed on any particular field on stacked canvas, the entire canvas gets distorted (mispositioned/moved). Also when I click on the scroll bar to move upwards, again the entire stacked canvas moves up a bit messing up the alignment. Is there any property which needs to be set to keep it fixed (immovable) or is there any way by which I can achieve this?
Please see attachment (capture.png) for form images to have a clear picture.
/forum/fa/13078/0/
Any help is deeply appreciated.
Thanks
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 59.41KB, Downloaded 2918 times)
Re: Stacked Canvas distorting when clicked [message #683902 is a reply to message #649508] Wed, 03 March 2021 13:21 Go to previous message
ETH2MOON
Hello,

Was a solution to this issue ever found? I am currently experiencing the same problem.

Thanks

Edit: I have attached a screen snip. You can see I was attempting to populate the last row (What would be line ID 198 after validation) and attempting to click anywhere else on the grid pulls the cursor to the required field. Which would be fine except that as OP shows: The stacked canvas becomes un-aligned with the rest of the grid. Also please note this is occurring for me in Forms 10g.

-- It would seem my attachment upload is not applying after trying to make changes to this post.

Edit 2:
Hi friends, I have solved this issue and since I bumped the thread back to the top from 2016 I thought I would share my solution. This was caused by the Viewport Height and Physical Height of the stacked canvas being slightly too small for the number of records retrieved by the data block associated with that stacked canvas. Its very subtle as we all want our forms to be tightly aligned and not waste space, I was able to preserve the look of my grid and only add a small amount of space to allow all records to display and scroll properly.

Cheers!

[Updated on: Wed, 03 March 2021 15:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Unable to align items from one Canvas with another Canvas when the Form loads
Next Topic: WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:48:38 CDT 2024