Home » Other » General » How to read data from SQLite database? (Oracle 11g XE, no idea about SQLite)
How to read data from SQLite database? [message #652579] Tue, 14 June 2016 04:54 Go to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Hello everyone!

As of the moment, this is just a theoretical discussion, nothing has been done yet.

There are .SQB files (which belong to SQLite database) related to airplanes (such as flightroute.sqb and basestation.sqb). Is there a (simple?) way to read information (stored within these files) from Oracle?

The "simplest" option I found (Googling around) is this: Today's Flights -- How To Extract Data from BaseStation.sqb which (shortly) uses some .EXE to create a .CSV which I could use as an external table (or whatever I want to do with it).

However, I'd much rather use something like a database link - a direct access to .SQB files.

Does anyone have an idea how to do that?

The goal is to join data from already mentioned .SQB files with data airplanes transmit (their speed, altitude, etc.) and - using Oracle Apex - produce a "real time" report.

Regards,

LF
Re: How to read data from SQLite database? [message #652585 is a reply to message #652579] Tue, 14 June 2016 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
If you can make SQLite accessible via ODBC, you should be able to use Oracle's Heterogeneous Services to connect to it via a DB link.
Re: How to read data from SQLite database? [message #652621 is a reply to message #652585] Wed, 15 June 2016 00:19 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Thank you, Frank!
Previous Topic: Google Wins Java Copyright Case Against Oracle
Next Topic: Design Approach
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:50:53 CDT 2024