Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Add Additional Text after first print
Add Additional Text after first print [message #669628] Thu, 03 May 2018 21:37 Go to next message
heddy
Hi there,

I saw an XML and RTF report in oracle when the user print for the 1st time it has no "duplicate" word. But, when the user print again the "duplicate" word appears. I don't know how they did it in XML and RTF. My question is, how can I do this for the RDF report file
( oracle reports builder ) ? Is this possible in RDF ?

Thanks,

Hed
Re: Add Additional Text after first print [message #669638 is a reply to message #669628] Fri, 04 May 2018 10:44 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It is possible; why not? You'd have to mark the report "executed" and display "duplicate" for any subsequent report execution.

How to do that?
- create a table which contains info about what you print (an ID or something like that would be nice)
- in "After Report", insert a row into that table
- create the "duplicate" text in the report
- edit its "Format trigger" which returns a Boolean: if you find a row in the table, return TRUE

Shortly, that would be all.
Previous Topic: How to hide the url or the parameter when generating the oracle reports
Next Topic: Due Date Calculation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:30:45 CDT 2024