Home » Other » General » Oracle licensing (19c)
Oracle licensing [message #678248] Tue, 19 November 2019 22:12 Go to next message
b4ahmad
Hi,
I need some help in oracle licensing, I search out lot about the specific information , but could not find exact answer.
Requirement:
I have to develop an application in oracle forms 12 along with latest database support like 19c. And this application will deployed for production on 2/4 core single cpu, with(15) multiple client connected with this server

My Question is:
What type of licence is required for above mentioned requirements.
How many licenses are required.
What about the cost (lifetime/yearly)

Thanks and regard..

Re: Oracle licensing [message #678251 is a reply to message #678248] Wed, 20 November 2019 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
The only way to get accurate answers to those questions is to talk to Oracle themselves.
Re: Oracle licensing [message #678252 is a reply to message #678248] Wed, 20 November 2019 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You need to decide what facilities you need. For example, would an XE database licence (which is free) be adequate? Or do you need Enterprise Edition plus all the options (which could be $100k per core)? I am not familiar with Forms licensing, but I think it (like the database) has the concept of core licences or named user licences.

As CM says, you could talk to Oracle but for a small environment like this you may well be better off talking to a partner. Oracle partners (I work for a good one Smile ) are often more interested in finding a good solution for the client, whereas the Oracle sales droids are motivated to maximize the licence sales revenue. For example, you can encrypt programmatically or you can encrypt by licensing Enterprise Edition plus the Advanced Security Option.
Re: Oracle licensing [message #678253 is a reply to message #678248] Wed, 20 November 2019 06:37 Go to previous message
EdStevens
As cookiemonster said, licensing questions should be directed to your Oracle sales rep. If Oracle audits you and finds you are incorrectly licensed, you do NOT want your defense to be "some stranger on the internet said I would be OK."

Previous Topic: Learning SQL
Next Topic: Problem with Oracle supplied perl script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:50:16 CDT 2024