Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » base*.htm files question
base*.htm files question [message #680405] Wed, 13 May 2020 07:04
jury68000
Reading here:
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B25016_04/doc/dl/web/B14032_03/configure001.htm#CACEHJAE

it says "When a user first starts an Oracle Forms application (by clicking a link to the application's URL), the baseHTML file is read by Forms Servlet"
Now I want to understand the process of how those base*.htm files work + what jvm engine is being choosen.

So, if I comment out base.htm, basejini.htm and basejpi.htm lines in formsweb.cfg file and run some form module from Forms builder by Ctrl-R, in a browser I get an error:
"500 Internal Server Error
Error of Forms servlet.
No or wrong value of baseHTML parameter.
Please check servlet configuration and see if the value expresses the valid file."

This message seams reasonable.

Now I uncomment "baseHTML=base.htm" parameter and running a form module from Forms builder seams to go fine.
Now I comment "baseHTML=base.htm" again and uncomment "baseHTMLjinitiator=basejini.htm" and running a form module seams fine too (well, today earlier I uninstalled Jinitiator, so all I get is a message that the Jinitiator plugin is needed and do I want it to be installed, but I take it as its going fine with this setting)
Now I comment "baseHTMLjinitiator=basejini.htm" and uncomment "baseHTMLjpi=basejpi.htm" but I get the same error as when all base*.htm files are commented (500 Internal Server Error ...)
When I uncomment all baseHTML parameters from formsweb.cfg the form module runs fine.

So why "baseHTMLjpi=basejpi.htm" does not work? And how the baseHTML file is being picked up?
In the link above it says that first baseHTML file is being read, but when baseHTML is commented out and baseHTMLjinitiator is uncommented Forms Services start my form module fine, and when baseHTML is commented out and baseHTMLjpi uncommented the form module is not started through Forms Services. How come?

Forms 10g on Windows 7

[Updated on: Wed, 13 May 2020 07:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: WUT-121 The file transfer has been forbidden by the Administrator
Next Topic: How to exact alignment text item and its prompt?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:58:44 CDT 2024