Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » DBCA stalling at datapatch.bat after fixing credentials issue (Oracle 19.3.0.0, Windows Server 2019)
DBCA stalling at datapatch.bat after fixing credentials issue [message #684569] Wed, 30 June 2021 03:57 Go to next message
ross.mcleod@mintra.com
Hi all,

I might be missing something obvious but I'm having an issue creating a database.

I am running the DBCA to create a standalone database. Originally I was getting a failure to retrieve credentials error. I fixed that by changing the SQLNET Authentication to NONE. When the process reaches executing datapatch.bat it stalls. Previously I have fixed this by having Authentication set to NTS but this causes the first issue. Googling the error tells me to use NTS. I have tried changing the Authentication part way through the DBCA (after the point of the previous error)and it gets past datapatch.bat only to give me the credential error again.

Any ideas? As I said, I may be missing something obvious but I'm stumped.

User is in the Administrators, ORA_DBA, ORA_INSTALL and ORA_OraDB19Home1_DBA grouops.
Oracle 19c (19.3.0.0)
Windows Server 2019 Standard (10.0.17763 Build 17763)

Thanks all
Ross
Re: DBCA stalling at datapatch.bat after fixing credentials issue [message #684573 is a reply to message #684569] Wed, 30 June 2021 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum.
Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read.

First, setting sqlnet_authentication_services=none is not a good idea, much better to have it on NTS.

Second, to debug this I would not run everything through the DBCA GUI. Run DBCA, sure, but at the end tell it to create the scripts, not to create the database. Then look at the scripts, and run each command individually from a CMD shell. Then you'll be able to determine where it is failing.
Re: DBCA stalling at datapatch.bat after fixing credentials issue [message #684574 is a reply to message #684573] Wed, 30 June 2021 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ross.mcleod@mintra.com
John Watson wrote on Wed, 30 June 2021 07:44
Welcome to the forum.
Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read.
Thanks. Noted for future reference.

Quote:

First, setting sqlnet_authentication_services=none is not a good idea, much better to have it on NTS.

Second, to debug this I would not run everything through the DBCA GUI. Run DBCA, sure, but at the end tell it to create the scripts, not to create the database. Then look at the scripts, and run each command individually from a CMD shell. Then you'll be able to determine where it is failing.
That makes sense. Thank you. I'll give it a go and see what's what. I'm just reinstalling as I thought it might be to do with the Oracle Home User (was Virtual). Grasping at straws but a colleague had seen it with something else.

Cheers
Ross
Re: DBCA stalling at datapatch.bat after fixing credentials issue [message #684605 is a reply to message #684574] Mon, 05 July 2021 16:56 Go to previous message
ross.mcleod@mintra.com
Sorry for not updating sooner.

Running the scripts independently worked with Authentication wet to NONE. I can't change the server or domain security settings or investigate too much as it's a customer server/environment and it is built to their internal requirements. Might be able to get it working with NTS but not got a whole lot more time to work on that part at the moment.

I created a second DB successfully using the BAT to run through and noticed that I had to re-enter the SYS credentials a couple of times. I hadn't had to do that when doing the same thing previously.

I managed to get the DB I needed, so thanks for your help. I'll need to look into these things further when I get some time
Previous Topic: Data Pump Imp Exclude Index Error
Next Topic: ORA-31694: master table "SYSTEM"."SYS_IMPORT_SCHEMA_01" failed to load/unload
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:43:47 CDT 2024