Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Page & Paper Size in Report 6i
Page & Paper Size in Report 6i [message #88668] Wed, 15 January 2003 00:39 Go to next message
Yuvraj Thapa
Dear Oracle Guru,
I am getting problem
with the Oracle reports. I have a dot matrix printer (Epson LQ-2180, which is a
tractor feed printer). While printing a report which containts cheque information. Now while displaying the report it display in correct size but while I print the report by default it takes priniter page size and print in that paper size. I want to print the report in cheque size with continous sheet with more than 900 cheque which defined in report property.
I want that the printer should print exact page length and width what i defined in report.
If anyone of you knows the answer plz tell me , I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.
Yuvraj Thapa
Kathmandu
Nepal.
Re: Page & Paper Size in Report 6i [message #88669 is a reply to message #88668] Wed, 15 January 2003 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi
Hi Yuvraj,
I belive yuvraj you are not using Printer file i.e while generating a report in System Parameter you have something called Desformat in that the Default value is dflt instead of this you need to pass here Printer file.
I belive you know about this.
While generating a report in the System parameter you say Desformat=wide, and in this file you define the height and width of the report and few more things are there may be you need to change.....
just check that file.

All the best
Regards,
Ravi
Re: Page & Paper Size in Report 6i [message #89088 is a reply to message #88668] Thu, 04 September 2003 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uzma Gul
Hi Yuvraj
I just came across ur problem regrading printing reports on contineous sheets using Report 6i.I've the same problem and still unable to solve it even after chaning the values of height and width of printer file i.e dflt.
It will b really kind of u to direct me solve this problem If u have solved urs.
Regards,
Uzma.
Re: Page & Paper Size in Report 6i [message #168180 is a reply to message #88668] Wed, 19 April 2006 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wency

I have a problem close to that. The difference is I was directed to print on invoice ( half of a paper size ) using a Bitmap report. Is there a possibility of doing this? or the only way is to convert it char mode and use prt file?
Your reply will be a big lift on me... tnx

[Updated on: Wed, 19 April 2006 03:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Page & Paper Size in Report 6i [message #462874 is a reply to message #168180] Mon, 28 June 2010 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alimahboob

i am facing the same problem. i have to print on an invoice which is half the length of A4 page. if you can make a sample print file and send it to us will be of great help. waiting for your earliest response.
Re: Page & Paper Size in Report 6i [message #576350 is a reply to message #462874] Sun, 03 February 2013 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
syedferhat
Hi

I am also having same sort of issue , I have developed a bitmap report and trying to print on Thermal receipt printer (Normally using with POS type of system using in shopping mart), but when I print the report on printer it is not printed only the peace of paper ejected and nothing print on it

Can any body letting me know why this happen ?

Regards
Re: Page & Paper Size in Report 6i [message #665097 is a reply to message #576350] Mon, 21 August 2017 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m.uzairawan

Hi to everyone !

My problem is also near to this. Let me explain very few things.

In Oracle Report Builder v6.0 you have to set the page layout in "Main Layout". There you tell the system what would be the height and width of paper which is set for printing. Once that is set then you can adjust your report columns and other fields as per requirements.

In these days I am working on a Cafe Sale Module for which I have to print the invoice on a thermal printer. I am using Black Copper 85-AC thermal printer for this purpose. I've designed the report which is absolutely perfect but the problem is that Oracle Report Builder v6.0 demands to fix the report height while I need to keep it dynamic that if one item is sold then only that should be printed on report and printer should cut the continuous paper roll accordingly and if hundred items are sold then report should be continue like a continuous sheet and printer should cut the paper when report printing is ended. But it is no happening because report height is not on auto so it is adjusted to 6" and after 6" printer is cutting the paper and printing remaining part on next sheet, so on so on.

Anyone know, how to handle it?
Re: Page & Paper Size in Report 6i [message #665098 is a reply to message #88668] Mon, 21 August 2017 22:25 Go to previous message
m.uzairawan

It is very easy , just go to Main Layout of your report and set the page orientation into "Landscape" and then set the height and width according to your requirement of cheque size.

Then adjust the fields to be printed on cheque. You will be able to print report on cheques easily. I am doing the same thing and working fine.
Previous Topic: Account number not expend
Next Topic: CONVERSION OF ORACLE REPORTS INTO EXCELL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:25:13 CDT 2024