Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » External interface requirements needed.reply asap
External interface requirements needed.reply asap [message #93373] Fri, 01 October 2004 09:01
me

I am currently working on a DW project and need the following requirements, am new to DW so really don't understand what to write,any help will be appreciated.thanks

Hardware Interfaces<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">[/i]

<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">  Describe the characteristics of each interface between the software and hardware components of the system. This description might include the             supported device types, the nature of the data and control interactions between the software and the hardware.

[/i]

<A name=_Toc51490208>Software Interfaces[/url]

<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Describe the connections between this system and other external software components (identified by name and version), including databases, operating systems, tools, libraries, and integrated commercial components. Identify and describe the purpose of the data items or messages exchanged among the software components. Describe the services needed and the nature of the inter-component communications. Identify data that will be shared across software components.

[/i]

<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">

[/i]<A name=_Toc51490209>Communications Interfaces[/url]

Describe the requirements associated with any communication functions the system will use, including e-mail, web browser, network communications standards or protocols, electronic forms, and so on. Define any pertinent message formatting. Specify communication security or encryption issues, data transfer rates, and synchronization mechanisms.
Previous Topic: OWB -- metadata import from data dictionary question
Next Topic: a design problem(dimensional model)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:17:21 CDT 2024