Home » Other » Client Tools » iSQL*Plus: Adjusting Time-out limits
iSQL*Plus: Adjusting Time-out limits [message #116339] Tue, 19 April 2005 09:48 Go to next message
scottlips
When I attended the initial Oracle 10g:SQL Fundamentals I&II class, it seemed like I could leave my iSQL*Plus page open all day, and it never timed out. However, now that I have returned to my workplace, the default time out seems to be 20 minutes or so. How can I adjust that session time out to a longer period of time?

Thanks in advance!
Re: iSQL*Plus: Adjusting Time-out limits [message #116346 is a reply to message #116339] Tue, 19 April 2005 10:22 Go to previous message
scottlips
Well, thanks to Maaher, I tried what should have been the obvious (after trying to search iSQL*Plus online), and Googled the question. I quickly found the following:

Setting the iSQL*Plus Timeout Parameter
Timing out iSQL*Plus sessions helps to reduce machine load and to maximize resources. The time out interval is set by the iSQLPlusTimeOutInterval initialization parameter. It defines the time a session can be idle before it is expired. You can edit the iSQL*Plus configuration file, isqlplus.conf, to change the timeout interval. The syntax of the line to change in the configuration file is:

FastCgiServer ... -initial-env iSQLPlusTimeOutInterval=n

Where n is the number of whole minutes of idle time before the session times out. iSQLPlusTimeOutInterval has a default of 30 minutes. It can be set to any value from 1 to 1440 minutes.

When a user tries to use a timed out iSQL*Plus session, the Login screen is displayed and the user is prompted to log in again and the following error is displayed:

SP2-0864: Session has expired. Please log in again.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2005 10:23]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Open a Oracle Shell?
Next Topic: how to create spool without blank lines
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:21:27 CDT 2024