Home » Other » Client Tools » Killing a session in toad
Killing a session in toad [message #1206] Thu, 11 April 2002 05:41 Go to next message
Julie Zolnowski
If I'm running a query in TOAD and want to kill it, what's the proper way to break the query? Thanks.
Re: Killing a session in toad [message #1207 is a reply to message #1206] Thu, 11 April 2002 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Epe
Hello,

if you're running FreeToad, then I'm not sure if it's possible. Running Toad, there should appear a cancel-button somewhere on top of the screen when you start running a query. If not, then you'll have to search in the option settings (probably in a tab "sql" or "queries" or ...), where you'll find a checkbox to enable the cancel-button first.
If you can't get into the option settings because your query is still running, wait or kill the session...

good luck,

epe
Re: Killing a session in toad [message #1213 is a reply to message #1206] Thu, 11 April 2002 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cindy
Personally, I don't use Toad, however here is some information from the help menu of the Toad software:

Access the Kill/Trace Session window from DBA > Kill/Trace Session. The Kill/Trace session window displays.

Kill the selected session. (Highlight a session in the grid below the toolbar, then click this button to kill it.)
Re: Killing a session in toad [message #1227 is a reply to message #1206] Fri, 12 April 2002 08:34 Go to previous message
UmaSund
Hi Julie

Under Menu- View/Options/sql editor, please check the first box for - Process statements in threads/allow queries to be cancelled.

Once you check this box and run any query in the sql window a cancel button will appear in the tool bar.

Thanks
-UmaSund
Previous Topic: Problem with a procedure in toad
Next Topic: Sql Navigator vs TOAD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:55:12 CDT 2024