Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Regional problems with date
Regional problems with date [message #147818] Mon, 21 November 2005 04:41 Go to next message
simakas

hi, i have interesting regional problems.

i build a query in HTMLDB "SQL Commands" ant move it in HTMLDB application - the result is defferent!!!!!
Application has a regional setting (LT).
The query calculates differences between dates (function) and sum of marked hours between those two dates. in "SQL Commands" the result is logical, in application it sometimes misses a day, i get different results when i move interval from i.e. sunday to saturday.
the query has some conversions with "sysdate", but it is the same on client side and server side.

Q:
IS THERE A WAY TO CHANGE THE QUERY LANGUAGE BEFORE EXECUTION FROM HTMLDB APPLICATION?

s.
Re: Regional problems with date [message #147866 is a reply to message #147818] Mon, 21 November 2005 07:12 Go to previous message
simakas

walked that through... :\

the SQL can be written in "SQL Workshop", the data test must be done in HTMLDB application (some temp item or smth.)
the application passes to database its date/time locale and overrides it - if you call the same function from different locale applications - you get different result. that sucks.

s.
Previous Topic: upload file using htmldb from a blob column
Next Topic: save value in session?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:29:05 CDT 2024