Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » TAB delimiter report is not functioning
icon5.gif  TAB delimiter report is not functioning [message #193392] Sat, 16 September 2006 02:28 Go to next message
kmsithan
Hi
I am developing a TAB delimited oracle reports(6i).
In whcih I am doing the following

1. One query for both text and excel reports
2. two layouts, one for standard another for excel(I have parameter to select whihc format user want to see)
3. In excel layout I putting one fielde for each row. And assigning each row with a formul;a column
4. In formula column I am sending data for that row with tab delimited as below
return(:Name || chr(9) || :Age || chr(9) || :depat) ;
5. I have registered in Apps
6. When I run the report in apps the output comes with tab space for each column
7. But I save the same file and try to open in excel with delimiter as 'TAB' its not spreading across cell. It is just coming in a single cell

please help me to resolve this probelem.

Re: TAB delimiter report is not functioning [message #193687 is a reply to message #193392] Tue, 19 September 2006 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandeepk7

Either try this

return(:Name||' '||:Age||' '||:depat) ;

In place of chr(9) use direct tab space,
or use any other delimiter like #, $$.

Sandy
Re: TAB delimiter report is not functioning [message #513168 is a reply to message #193687] Fri, 24 June 2011 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maruntuadrian
Hi
I am developing a TAB delimited oracle reports(6i).
In whcih I am doing the following

1. One query for both text and excel reports
2. two layouts, one for standard another for excel(I have parameter to select whihc format user want to see)
3. In excel layout I putting one fielde for each row. And assigning each row with a formul;a column
4. In formula column I am sending data for that row with tab delimited as below
return(:Name || chr(9) || :Age || chr(9) || :depat) ;
5. I have registered in Apps
6. When I run the report in apps the output comes with tab space for each column
7. But I save the same file and try to open in excel with delimiter as 'TAB' its not spreading across cell. It is just coming in a single cell

please help me to resolve this probelem.

Re: TAB delimiter report is not functioning [message #513175 is a reply to message #513168] Fri, 24 June 2011 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
What format are you saving the file in?
Re: TAB delimiter report is not functioning [message #513194 is a reply to message #513175] Fri, 24 June 2011 05:16 Go to previous message
maruntuadrian
txt

using desformat prad.prt

printer "dflt"
height 72
width 2500
return ""
linefeed control(J)

function CF_TITLUFormula return VARCHAR2 is
wtab varchar2(10) := ' ';
begin
RETURN('TIP_GRAFIC' || :P_CONC || 'DEN_GRAFIC' || :P_CONC || 'SCHIMB' || :P_CONC ||
'LUCR' || :P_CONC || 'SECT' || :P_CONC || 'LMS_STAT' || :P_CONC || 'DEN_LOC_MUNCA' || :P_CONC || 'MARCA' || :P_CONC || 'NUME' || :P_CONC ||
'MESERIA' || :P_CONC || 'DATA' || :P_CONC ||
'DTI_GRAFIC' || :P_CONC || 'DTO_GRAFIC'
);
end;

how to add value <tab> parameter :P_CONC ?

repeating frame is across and has a variable number of columns.
Previous Topic: clob in report 6i (split from hijacked thread about problem with varchar2 declaration)
Next Topic: Catching Rep-0606 Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:09:43 CDT 2024