Home » Other » Client Tools » Connecting VB to a database created with SQL Developer
Connecting VB to a database created with SQL Developer [message #249779] Thu, 05 July 2007 19:18 Go to next message
gorkonyan
Hello,
If I use Sql Developer to create a database in Oracle, is it possible to connect through Data Environment from Visual Basic to that database?
Basicly I want to connect Visual Basic to a database in Oracle. The problem is that I don't know where the database is created by the SQL Developer (I can't find any xyz.sql file) to have the path for Visual Basic. Sorry for being such a newbie and asking for such a "how to". Any help is welcomed.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 July 2007 19:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Connecting VB to a database created with SQL Developer [message #249780 is a reply to message #249779] Thu, 05 July 2007 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
do you know where you created your tables??

in visual basic you can connect oracle by ADO (one of the option) by pressing CLT+t i guess or you can also make driver from ODBC for your oracle database.
Re: Connecting VB to a database created with SQL Developer [message #249821 is a reply to message #249779] Fri, 06 July 2007 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
In VB you can use OO4O (Oracle Object for OLE) or OLE DB.
Search for these words in documentation and http://otn.oracle.com.

Regards
Michel
Re: Connecting VB to a database created with SQL Developer [message #249833 is a reply to message #249779] Fri, 06 July 2007 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gorkonyan
I know I can use ADO, OLE DB, ODBC and so on, but the problem is that if I want to connect the forms created in VB I need the path to a .sql, I don't know where these .sql files are created by SQL Developer, if they are created. Or should I create by myself the create.sql, insert.sql and so on? And after that to connect SQL Developer to that data base?
Is it possible to export the tables as .sql ? I can see that the inserts can be exported (mytable.sql in witch is the insert into...) but can you export something like mytable.sql in witch you actually create the table (create table mytable ...)?
Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 06 July 2007 02:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Connecting VB to a database created with SQL Developer [message #249846 is a reply to message #249833] Fri, 06 July 2007 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
if I want to connect the forms created in VB I need the path to a .sql

Why?
You don't need any SQL file to connect you just need to execute statement within the syntax requested by your interface (OBDC, OO4O...).

Regards
Michel
Re: Connecting VB to a database created with SQL Developer [message #249908 is a reply to message #249779] Fri, 06 July 2007 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gorkonyan
Thanks man.
I got scared when I saw that it was asking for a path...silly me. Thanks again.

Re: Connecting VB to a database created with SQL Developer [message #251571 is a reply to message #249779] Sat, 14 July 2007 18:11 Go to previous message
William Robertson
gorkonyan wrote on Fri, 06 July 2007 01:18
If I use Sql Developer to create a database in Oracle,

Create a database? Normally you don't use SQL Developer for that. Maybe you created a schema (a bunch of tables etc) within an existing database?
Previous Topic: Executing a procedure which has a cursor as an 'OUT' parameter
Next Topic: SQL Report Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:15:47 CDT 2024