Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Long Read Time
Long Read Time [message #273512] Wed, 10 October 2007 14:11 Go to next message
e3339
Hello, I have a rather generic question to ask about performance.

I am trying to help figure out why some select statements from an app are taking a long time. The selects in particular that are giving us trouble are selects on a single table in the applications schema.

We noticed that selecting a single record from the table can take up to 20 seconds the first time. But each time you reselect the same record it gets quicker. This is obviously due to the select being stored in the SGA.

We have the same application running on a test box with the same data same etc and it take milliseconds. SO we are fairly sure this is not the app, we are also fairly sure it is not network latency, all required indexes are present, update stats is run every day.

The difference is the DB was setup differently across an array, where as the test db is on a single blade.

So after this long winded explanation I was wondering if there 4 or 5 standard things to look into or check. Some Oracle 101 things to look at that you may suggest? Just looking for a nudge in a direction I may not have thought about.
Re: Long Read Time [message #273513 is a reply to message #273512] Wed, 10 October 2007 14:16 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/84315/74940/
Previous Topic: Index creation....
Next Topic: ora 01555
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 20:13:57 CDT 2024