Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » DB link problem (DB link problem)
DB link problem [message #273903] Fri, 12 October 2007 03:14 Go to next message
milind_sri
Hi Gurus,

I am facing a typical problem. I dont know what to do but as a DBA I have to suggest something.

The problem goes like this I have a script which is creating a view and firing a select query on a remote table using a db link. I dont have the access to the database, so I am not sure what to suggest in this scenario. Actually, other queries and scripts are working absolutely fine but this script is taking about 2 hours to execute.

The suggestions that I am putting in are :=
1. Drop and recreate the DB link.
2. Update the statistics of the table that is used in the select.
3. Send us the explain plan.
4. Use DRIVING_SITE hint.

Can you guys please suggest me some more on this that can help me in this scenario. Actually this is the client database that I dont have access to and I have to suggest them the resolution.

Please send your suggestions as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance.

Milind.
Re: DB link problem [message #273909 is a reply to message #273903] Fri, 12 October 2007 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
5. Put everyone in a room, switch off the lights and shoot 3 times.

Regards
Michel
Re: DB link problem [message #273914 is a reply to message #273903] Fri, 12 October 2007 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
1) will achieve nothing.
2) Is always good advice
3) What you need to look at is the explain plan that the query in your script is executing
4) Depends on what the result from 3) is.

Re: DB link problem [message #274015 is a reply to message #273903] Fri, 12 October 2007 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kanagaraj Velusamy

Hi Michel,

If you dont have any idea about solution requested by orafaq member please keep silent. Please dont give any comments like this.

It is againts orafaq.

Kind Regards
Kanagaraj
Re: DB link problem [message #274016 is a reply to message #274015] Fri, 12 October 2007 13:44 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
And YOU know what is best for OraFAQ and its members?
Maybe you just don't understand my answer.

If you think my post is not correct, please use "Report message to a moderator" link, don't use topic body for this.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: slow in all aspects
Next Topic: search on text column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 20:21:21 CDT 2024