Home » Other » Client Tools » Compare Data Using Toad ToolBar, Tools --> Compare Data (Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0, OS:Windows 2000 Advanced Server)
Compare Data Using Toad ToolBar, Tools --> Compare Data [message #285691] Wed, 05 December 2007 05:33 Go to next message
dba_giri
Hi..,
I have tried to "compare the data"(Using Toad ToolBar, Tools --> Compare Data) using a particular table which is available in two different schemas(these two are related to same project, but these are created using the different date related backups)
When there is granted the Roles Connect, Resource,DBA to these two schemas am able to take the "Compare Data"
When I have removed the DBA role from these two schemas, then am unable to "Compare the Data"
Can you please tell me here which privilege(/s) is/are required to grant instead of granting the DBA role.

Thanks in Advance
Giri K.Y.
Re: Compare Data Using Toad ToolBar, Tools --> Compare Data [message #285723 is a reply to message #285691] Wed, 05 December 2007 07:07 Go to previous message
MikeSanders
Hi.

I would think that all you need is 'SELECT' priviliege, as data compare invloves only reading of the data.

However, I'm not using TOAD for data-comparison, as it is much too simplistic and lacks essential features.
I use Comparenicus and its very elegant and efficient. It also has other useful features on top of data comparison.

Previous Topic: Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus
Next Topic: ERWIN tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:42:16 CDT 2024