Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Where to Start the Performance Tuning? (9iR2, RHEL AS3.0)
Where to Start the Performance Tuning? [message #292014] Mon, 07 January 2008 07:59 Go to next message
sathyguy
Friends,

First of all dont get angry......................

Database OS: RHEL AS 3.0
Database: Oracle Release 9.2.0.4.0
Tables: 503
TableSpace size - 1.8GB out of 3GB
Max.Record in a Table - 1 Million and its increasing..
We dont have enterprise manager and not installed any tuning scripts like statspack etc....
Currently we are taking user managed backup without any problem so we are continuing the same from 2004 onwards.

Now we want want to tune our database.
Can anybody tell me the first step for the performance tuning?
Please dont suggest me to go thru the complete documentation. Instead of that can anybody give me a link for less number of documentation pages for my 1st step or tell me where should i start first

Once i finish the 1st step i will continue with this thread for the second step.

i went thru the performance tuning documentation from oracle. Its huge.....i hope somebody will be having notes of the important steps to start.

thanks

Re: Where to Start the Performance Tuning? [message #292019 is a reply to message #292014] Mon, 07 January 2008 08:14 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

Can anybody tell me the first step for the performance tuning?

Read read How to Identify Performance Problem and Bottleneck and correlated links.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Deletion script doesnt completes
Next Topic: Index Usage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 10:46:34 CDT 2024