Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » how to pass value between pages (oracle 10 G apex)
how to pass value between pages [message #304120] Tue, 04 March 2008 02:54 Go to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi,

i have created a master detail form (data capturing)
in detail record section four independant records are
getting displayed

I want to select the second record and the pass the id
to another page where i select the record based on passed
id and want to create a print. I will be using the passed
id value in a procedure and it will be used as process before
header.

or

when i select the detail record using row icon the entire values
should get passed to another page.

pl help me.

yours
dr.s.raghunathan

Re: how to pass value between pages [message #304910 is a reply to message #304120] Fri, 07 March 2008 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajy_salim
How do you select the desired record? Is it a checkbox or an edit icon that displays another page containing the information of the selected row?
If it is an edit icon, this one must retrieve the whole values because it passes the primary key as parameter (when the primary key is passed as parameter, all the other values are displayed also).
Note that the opened page can be displayed in printer friendly mode
Re: how to pass value between pages [message #304970 is a reply to message #304910] Fri, 07 March 2008 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi

based on the passed id value, i am fetching record from
some other table on different page. ) whill the page 0 item can support this type of retrieval?) As you have suggested user friendly mode it can be printed whereas passing this value and using BIP i have to select a different querry for retrieval.

yours

dr.s.raghunathan
Re: how to pass value between pages [message #305991 is a reply to message #304120] Wed, 12 March 2008 08:49 Go to previous message
rajy_salim
Try to use an application item in which you can fill the id every time you want to fetch records and build your query upon this item in the report source in the second page.
Previous Topic: Multi page submit on tabular form
Next Topic: multi value return from LOV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:29:22 CDT 2024