Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Efficient Data Management. (Solaris , 10.2g)
Efficient Data Management. [message #307857] Thu, 20 March 2008 03:21 Go to next message
Oraclist
In my database table there are millions of rows. But the latest 3 months data is frequently needed. And queries on this rows (data) take much time that we want. How can I manage this scenario so that performance will improve.

I consider one case is to partition the table and keep the latest 3 months data in separate partition and keep them in keep buffer pool.

Or I can create a materialize view
Any more idea?

One point: Can I manage my data so that a particular column can be kept in keep pool only rather the whole table column.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 March 2008 03:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Efficient Data Management. [message #307858 is a reply to message #307857] Thu, 20 March 2008 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
How to Identify Performance Problem and Bottleneck and OraFAQ Oracle SQL Tuning Guide.

Regards
Michel
Re: Efficient Data Management. [message #307940 is a reply to message #307858] Thu, 20 March 2008 07:43 Go to previous message
rleishman
You are mixing two terms: Shared Pool and Buffer Cache.

The Shared Pool contains SQL, the Buffer Cache contains data.

Frequently used data - such as indexes - will be in the buffer cache - you don't need to do anything. Data that is infrequently used (eg. blocks of indexes relating to old data) will get aged out of the buffer cache.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: Selection of driving table
Next Topic: Analytical Functions and Backward Index scans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 10:03:12 CDT 2024